This was a sensitive site, in the Dame Street area, so it was necessary to demonstrate the impact of the proposal on the surrounding Architecture. This necessitated the surveying of approximately 700 linear metres of streetscapes in the city centre.
- Trimble R12 to establish ITM referenced control on site
- Trimble SX10 for topographic survey and façade scans
- MBS for basic floor plans of existing structure
3D AutoCAD ground data
2D AutoCAD Building Facades
Detailed Floor Plan Layouts
Difficulties Encountered and Resolved
- High vehicular and pedestrian traffic volumes necessitated out of hours working.
- Establishing an ITM referenced control network was a challenge. Even the latest GPS receivers struggle in high rise areas, so we had to arrange rooftop access to establish a reliable baseline.
- Floor plans of multiple retail units and offices with different tenants were required as part of this project, so forward planning around access and sequencing the works was critical.